Saturday, November 5, 2011

We Love You Brandon!!





Our hearts have been heavy for the last couple of weeks. On October 20th Brandon was killed in a car accident. Brandon was more than a friend to both Jed and I. He was more like Jeds little brother. When Jed was 11 his family moved into the house where his mom and Jeff live now. Him and Brandon soon started hanging out and became best friends. They were always into trouble doing something they shouldn't have been doing. They loved to go fishing, ride dirtbikes, go hunting, mechanical work, and anything else outdoors. When Jed and I started dating it was clear from the beginning that Brandon was more than Jed's best friend. He was a part of the family. I can remember many times riding in Jed's truck sitting in the middle with Jed on one side and Brandon on the other. When Jed and I got married I soon realized Brandon was also part of the deal. From him helping Jed build our house, putting our front yard in, fixing Jed's truck, fixing Brandon's truck, them taking Mylee fishing, to the random visits from Brandon. Life was always full of surprises. It wasn't unusual for me to come home and open up my garage door to find Brandon in our garage or in our kitchen eating something. Not that long ago Jed and I were sleeping and we woke up to someone jumping on our bed in the middle of the night. It took me about 2 seconds to realize it was Brandon. He laid down in between us and asked us what we were up to. There was never a dull moment with Brandon. He lived life to the fullest and was one of the most caring people I know. He always greeted me with a great big hug and a smile. There was nothing he wouldn't help you do. We will miss him more than words can describe. He has always been there and it is hard to imagine life with out him.

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."

WE LOVE YOU BRANDON!

1 comment:

Jace and Whitney said...

Wow Britt, that made me tear up and smile. I'm so sorry for both of you especially Jed. Lately I have been thinking a lot about how short this life is and that at any moment ANY of us can go. It makes you realize that being angry or upset at someone is just not worth it. Again I am so sorry for your heavy hearts, we love you both and really miss you guys.

The other day I heard the Shakira whenever, wherever song. I thought of you and I driving around in the middle of the night as it was pouring rain. You have always been such a great friend!!

Slide Show