Wednesday, February 17, 2010

*Spider*

So yesterday I was in Idaho Falls when I got a call from my hubby. He told me that he had got bit by a Hobo Spider. I couldn't believe what he was saying. I have not seen a hobo at our house for over 2 years. I really hate them because when I was in high school I was bit.

He was in the basement changing our filter on our furnace and when he was done he went and sat on this really really ugly pink chair he has down there. ( I have wanted to get rid of this thing for forever hopefully now he will) When he said he felt a tickle going down his back. He thought it was just a string or something on his back so he scratched it. He came up stairs a couple seconds later to use the men's room and there was a huge hobo.. It took him about a half a second to get out of his pants he left his shoes on and everything.

Not long after he started breaking out in hives. And since he is really really allergic to bees they told him he had to go up to community care to get a epi shot. When he got up there they ended up having to do an I.V. for an hour and a half. Then today he had to go up for a follow up appt. The doctor also told him that the winter is the most awful time to get bit because the spiders venom is really potent.

I am really hoping that now we can finally get that dang pink chair out of here. I don't see him sitting down in it in the near future. And now I have a serious case of the itches and I am freaking out. Guess we will have to spray our house again.
Sorry babe that really bits!

1 comment:

A Piece of the Petersons said...

Oh My Gosh!! I HATE spiders.... Sounds like a pretty tramatic experience hahaha... Hope he is doing okay!

Slide Show